In a recent live broadcast, Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced that Singapore will further ease and relax the Safe Management Measures (SMM) while living with Covid 19.
Major Changes Announced
- Group sizes for social gatherings will be doubled, from 5 up to 10 unique individuals per gathering.
- Up to 75% of employees working remotely can return to working onsite.
- Large events with more than 1000 people will have an increased capacity of 75%.
- Wearing masks outdoors will become optional, meanwhile indoor masks remain mandatory.
- A safe distancing requirement of 1 metre is mandatory between groups with masks off.
- Cross border travel will gradually resume with lesser restrictions.
- For locals, testing and quarantine requirements will be streamlined.
These changes are scheduled to come into effect on Tuesday, 29 March 2022.
What Does It Mean For Businesses…
Due to the need for remote work when the pandemic started, many businesses resorted to cloud-based digital solutions in order to continue their operations.
Now that the SMM have been relaxed, the majority of employees can return to working onsite. This encourages in-person collaboration between colleagues and teams.
However, the positive growth and convenience brought about by adopting cloud-based solutions has been a huge benefit for many. Hence most businesses will be reluctant to revert to old systems and will most likely continue to utilise digital solutions.
So, what are the popular cloud-based solutions that local businesses have been using?
- Xero Accounting Software: Allows you to share the access to your latest business numbers with your team, accountant, and bookkeeper, keeping everyone updated real-time.
- Foodzaps Smart POS system: A comprehensive F&B ordering management system that is easy to use and install, it helps your business to operate and save costs with an efficient outlet management
- HReasily Payroll Software: Streamlines payroll, leave, claims, time and attendance, and other vital integrations to help businesses grow through efficient staff management.
- Unleashed Inventory Software: Provides constant stock updates for multiple warehouses, ensuring that orders are easily tracked and fulfilled through serialisation and tracing functions.
- Shopline E-Commerce Platform: Merchants can build their online shop easily and deliver a seamless omnichannel experience for their customers. They support eCommerce, Social Commerce, Online-to-Offline and Cross Border Retail.
- Accentuate ERP Solution: Provides businesses with an all-in-one platform for better integration and deeper customisation.
Popular Government Grants that support Cloud-based solutions:
- Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG): Supports SMEs that want to improve their productivity by adopting pre-approved IT solutions to enhance business processes.
- Enterprise Development Grant (EDG): Supports companies in their pursuit for deeper growth and transformation in business upgrading, innovation, and internationalisation.
Get a free demonstration today
If you wish to digitalise and automate your business, kindly fill out the form below and we will get back to you within the day!