Planning the Audit
- Confirm that you are suitable for performing the audit.
- Assess the size of the audit
- Identify potential mistakes.
- Build an audit strategy.
Conducting the Audit
- Give advance notice.
- Verify that all outgoing checks were properly signed, accounted for and posted to the correct accounts.
- Ensure that all deposits were properly posted.
Auditing Financial Statements and Reports
- Review all financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Review all the treasurer's reports.
Completing the Audit and Making Recommendations
- Complete the financial review worksheet.
- Suggest improvements to internal controls.
- Determine your audit opinion.
- Submit your signed document.