The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme aimed at helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs*, relating to consultancy, manpower, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities for process improvement, product development and market access.
The grant supports a wide range of capability upgrading initiatives that enables SMEs to successfully compete and grow their businesses locally and globally. There are 10 supportable areas tailored to meet an SME’s current needs and stages of development. They range from raising service standards, adopting technology innovation, grooming business leaders to growing a global brand.
* SPRING’s enhanced funding support of up to 70% would be effective for three years until 31 March 2018.
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Have group annual turnover of not more than $100 million or group employment size of not more than 200 employees
SPRING will assess the application based on the SME’s needs, the project scope and competency of the service provider in improving the SME’s business capabilities. All applications are subject to SPRING’s approval.
Find out about the 10 supportable areas :
How to apply?
Step 1 : Pre-application
- Check that you are eligible to apply for CDG and identify the supportable area relevant to your project.
- Ensure that your project has not commenced. Late application will not be supported
- Prepare the following documents for submission with your application.
Step 2 : Application
- Mail in the completed CDG application form together with the supporting documents to SPRING
- Upon receipt of your application form, a SPRING Officer will get in touch with you
- SPRING will assess the application based on the SME needs, the project scope and competency of the service provider in improving the SME’s business capability. All applications are subject to SPRING’s approval
Step 3 : Implementation of Project
- A Letter of Offer will be sent to you once your application is approved
- During the Project Implementation period, you should ensure that :
- Proper project records are maintained;
(e.g. project scope, timeline, deliverables, progress reports and project sign-offs)
- Proper financial record are maintained;
(e.g. invoices and receipts relating to the project)
Should you interest to find out more information on the above scheme, please contact
Brian Ng / Kenny Ng / Raymond Lee / Soon Chye 361 Degree Consultancy Pte Ltd Tel: 6515 7906 Fax: 6515 7908 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org